Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Life Affirming Night

I've been feeling a little off recently. Ever since the news of bin Laden's death I have felt like I have had a rock in my stomach. I feel queasy every time I think about it. With all of this illness of heart I knew I needed to do something that was life affirming. I just wasn't sure what to do. Turns out, I didn't need to think about it too long. It worked itself out.

Last night, I wanted to watch some Disney movies, and I knew Darcey wanted to hangout so I texted her. We "watched " Beauty and the Beast while coloring and talking about our semi-nonexistent love lives. When that movie was over, I texted Sarah and she came over. We colored more, watched Lion King 1 1/2 and talked about random stuff. Sarah was hungry, so we all went on a food hunt. We ended up at McDonald's. Then we decided, since it was such a clear night, to go out to the reservoir. We sang along with the radio, looked at the stars and went in circles in the parking lot.

We were planning on watching Toy Story 3, but then we just sat in the blue room talking about whatever and boys and more whatever. When we looked at the clock we realized it was like 6 am. The sun comes up at around 6:30, so we all piled back into Sarah's car Lola and drove back out to the reservoir. The water was covered in a dense fog, yet the colors still were showing through. As the sun broke through the trees and fog, the colors became more brilliant. The Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine was on the radio as the sun crested the horizon. It was like they were in sync with one another. It was beautiful, and soul healing, and life affirming.


Hanging out with the girls reminded me of how much I love them, and now I am so glad they are friends. Darcey and I had a good heart to heart. I had a blast laughing and singing with Sarah. It was wonderful. In short, last night was everything I needed, some of which I didn't even know I was lacking at the time.


No comments: