Thursday, October 22, 2009
I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Because of the whole H1N1 pandemic Wittenberg is telling it's students that if they feel sick and have a fever, cough or sore throat that they should not go to class. While they are saying that the professors are still using attendance as part of the grade. This doesn't make sense. I have a really hard time deciding if I should stay home and rest and take care of myself when I know I've already missed 2 classes and the professor only gives 3 freebies. I don't want my grade docked because I have a cough and low fever. But with this H1N1 craziness that has been going down recently (including Witt's first cases) I feel like if I don't stay home people are going to be kinda annoyed. Like, I missed a day of class because of a nasty migraine a couple weeks ago. My professor's first words to me were "are you healthy?" when he saw me in the ceramics room the next day. That being said, he is also the professor who has said that my missing class is getting into the "effect your grade" range. How am I supposed to miss class when I know it is going to lower my grade? I'm stuck. I can either stay home and lose points or I can go to class and risk getting everyone sick. What do I do with that? Take now for example; I have had a fever off and on all day, along with a nasty cough, a headache and soreness all over my body. All symptoms are pointing to the flu, but when I skipped class today I felt incredibly guilty and scared that it was going to effect my grade. I don't want to run to the Health Center for every case of the flu I get but that seems to be the only way for me to miss class and not worry about my grade. I don't know. What do you think about this?
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Thoughts and stuff about the last month:
- I have had 2 really awesome conversations with Kate Longtin. It's been really good talking with her about stuff that is on my mind. It is great that even though she is in Missouri and I am in Ohio that we can still stay close.
- I am really enjoying my life. I feel like I am starting to be able to just enjoy where I am when I am there. I was reading Lamb again and came a crossed something. It is Joshua talking to his Kung Fu master. Joshua says "Why did we set up twenty posts if we were only going to use three?" His Kung Fu master answers "Why were you thinking of twenty when you can only stand on one?" I love that. I love the realization that stressing about the future and thinking about the past doesn't do anything. I can only take one day at a time so why should I worry about what is to come?
- I am basically at peace with God. This is probably the first time in years that He and I have not been at odds over some decision. It is a wonderful feeling.
- I hate being sick. I have been coughing, sneezing, sniffling, and aching for about a week now. I'm totally done with it. I just want to be able to breath again and to not feel exhausted after 3 hours of class. But I am slowly getting better. Very slowly. Hopefully by Monday I will be rid of the fever and aches.
- I have been really into playing guitar again. I didn't play like at all last year so my fingers are sore after I play but I love it. I am learning more chords and through that more songs. It's great.
Ok, well my head is starting to hurt and I really should go to sleep before the sun comes up. Also, I am hoping to go to church before heading back to campus. So, good night all.