Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

If only I had an Enemy bigger than my Apathy I could have won.

I have been listening to the Mumford and Sons Cd, Sigh No More, like it is my job.  I have been writing paragraph after paragraph for my take home finals and this music has been keeping me company.  I can't remember the last time I have done this with a single CD.  If you have not heard it, one crawl out from under your rock, and two go buy it!  It is absolutly incredible. 

I and trying so hard to stay focused on my exams, but I am fighting a losing battle.  Some days, today included, I think I should get tested for ADD or something.  If I enjoy something I can focus like a champ.  Nothing short of a smack will break me out of my fantasy world when I am reading, and if I am just daydreaming it takes a loud cough to bring me back to reality.  If I am working on homework the scratch of a pencil makes it impossible to focus.  Must be time for me to graduate.

About that... I don't really know how I am feeling about "graduating" this coming weekend.  I don't really want to leave Witt yet.  I'm not ready.  I am not prepared to be a real adult and have a real job (or two).  I don't even know what I want to be when I grow up.  I'm like a 16 year old stuck in a 22 year old's body and life.  I know that I am past the high school age.  Hanging out with high schoolers has proved that to me.  I also know I am not done with the college age, hanging out with adult has proven that to me.

Dilemmas...

If anyone has any ideas of what I should be when I grow up, I am more than willing to listen to them.  Who knows, I might even pick your idea for my future.  Gnaw on that for a while, why don't you.

I am starting to get to that point where I am really sad when I hang out with friends.  It is starting to get in the way of me enjoying my time with them.  It's like "this could be our last (fill in the blank) for a long time!"  or "we will never (insert action here) again as college students!"  This nonsense just really needs to stop ASAP!

Ok, it's time to try and finish this exam.  Here goes nothing, and everything.

No comments: