Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Concert Time Again

Back in the day when I was still a High School-er some friends and I planned a benefit concert for the Invisible Children.



Well, I'm at it again. This time, however, the proceeds are going to either go towards the Red Cross, or Doctors Without Borders. I am also considering Church World Service. The one I am leaning towards most is probably Doctors Without Borders because a) they don't have the "christian" stigma attached to them, and b) they seem to be better stewards of the money that the Red Cross. By that I mean that a higher percent of the donation will go straight to helping Haiti instead of paying someones salary. I love the Red Cross, they are fabulous, but in this case I feel we may want to go with more money helping Haiti. Also, the Doctors Without Borders will stay in the country with very little regard for how dangerous it gets. The Red Cross may need to pull out if the violence gets to be too much.



So, that's what's on my plate right now. I'm shooting to have this on Friday, February 5. I talked to PR about it and emailed Kristen Collier about it. I also have discussed this at length with Kay, Nat, and Mary. They are all on board to help in any way. Kay and Mary are going to design the posters and potentially the shirts (if we get some).



Specifics:



Money:

$2 cover charge

$10 Event T Shirt (?)

Donated food (price depending)



Musical Acts:


Micah Bonsell

William the Accountant (?)


Joey Hendrickson (?)

There is also potential for more acts to be added along the way.

So, yeah. That's just a little peek into the life of me I suppose. These next couple weeks are going to be busy.

No comments: