Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One year ago today

That is when Peter died. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. I mean, I didn't know him very well. We sorta hung out with the same people, but generally speaking, hadn't talked all that much.



I was doing ok. I made it through a facebook status or two and a tweet. Then I went to chrck my email... Mom had sent me a forward about a teacher who told all her students that they make a difference in her life. She put a ribbon on their shirts then handed them three more. One student took it to a buisness man who had helped him figure out his career goals and passed on the extras telling him to do the same. The buisness man gave one to his boss telling him to pass it on. The boss went home and sat down with his son. He told his son what had happened and said that he couldn't think of anyone more deserving that his son to have the last ribbon. The son broke down crying and said that he had spend the afternoon writing a suicide note. He was going to kill himself when his parents went to bed. He never thought his parents cared about him.



This simple act of letting people know how much they mean to you litterally saved this boy's life. Sometimes I wonder if that would have saved Peter. If one more person had said they loved him, they cared about him and what happened to him mattered I wonder if he would still be here. He couldn't have known how deeply this would effect so many people. Even people like me who didn't know him well feel the loss.



Ok, time to get back to studying for Midterms... I hate exam weeks. They are the worst.

No comments: