Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

recently

So, today has been a kinda weird day. For starters, my dad and I have almost been getting along. If you know how we interact you would know that he and I tend to avoid each other, otherwise we end up fighting. Well, we had a few arguments today, but we both managed to keep a clear head and watch our tongue. Another thing is that Dad has been in a really good mood. I mean, he's smiling and cracking jokes; overall he's been acting like he did before he got sick. I like don't know how to react. Part of me is relieved and hopes that maybe this version of my dad is here to stay. The other part of me is scared that when I wake up tomorrow the post-stroke dad will be back. I've basically just decided to focus on the optimistic point of view.

Another weird thing has been the totally and utter calm I've felt all day. I mean, I have like 3 days to get everything done. I have banking to take care of, and doctors appointments to make, and laundry to do, and packing to finish (and by that I mean start), etc. yet with all of this to do I'm like so not stressed that it's almost scary. lol, I almost don't know how to function without the sinking feeling in my stomach from the fear of forgetting to do something.

Ugh... so my damn car doesn't really want to work for some reason. I had to pop the hood like 5 times today to wiggle the wires to make it start. That is on top of the non-stop beeping that it keeps making. Buford (my car) thinks my parking brake is down (it's not) so he insists on telling me, over and over and over. If I don't keep my music up loud enough I tend to get the urge to drive him into a wall or off a bridge into the Scioto river or something like that.

OK, well I need to get to bed. I have to be up and out the door to take mom to work by like 7:30 so I can keep the van while dad take Buford to the shop. I'm pretty stoked, cause I'm going to the driving range with Tay and then to lunch with Doug. It's basically going to be a really good day, supposing i can drag my ass out of bed on time. I've had a couple of late nights recently. well, sweet dreams all. <3

<><

No comments: