Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Enjoy the Silence: Day 5


Day 5: Psalm 23:1-6

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 

He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside quite waters,

He restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Protection.  That is the overall theme I see in Psalm 23 these days. 

God watches out for me in the same way as a shepherd does for his flock.  He protects me and provides for my needs.  He heals me, both physically and emotionally.  He brings my soul back to life.

No matter the attack, I know God has my back.  I’ve seen it so many times before.  Not only does he protect me, be he provides for me in the presence of my enemies. 

As if that weren’t enough, he has promised me a home in his Kingdom forever and ever. 

**I know there isn’t much here, but I feel like this passage really speaks for itself.  When I am scared or overwhelmed this is what I remember. **

No comments: