Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Beautiful Things

***First, let me preface the double post today by saying that I downloaded the Blogger app for my droid, so now it is so much easier for me to post here when I think to do so.***

At Soma on Wednesday we sang a song called Beautiful Things and I was totally digging it.  Ever since then, the chorus has been stuck in my head (when Be A Man isn't there, that is).  It goes something like:

"You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of the dust.
You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of us."

I just love that.  Genesis (the book, not the band) tells us that we were formed from dirt.  God took something that we try our best to keep out of our house, clothes and kids mouths and he used that to create us.  And there is more than just that.  God uses us to do things we never thought we could.  He uses us to touch people's live in a way that let's the see the beauty and wonder of the world.  He uses us to show people how life should have, and still could, be.  I don't know anything more beautiful than that.

That is my happy thought for today.  If you have a couple minutes I suggest you go listen to Beautiful Things by the band Gungor.  Really listen to the words and try to truly understand that it is not just about sunsets and daisies, but about you and me.

1 comment:

natalie said...

Kate, I love your writing. You should be a writer and a speaker, and just straight up give the world your thoughts because they are great!

PS- I still check your blog all the time. :) Glad you're back in action!