Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thinking of the Future

Well, I've been thinking about post graduation a lot. I have a couple of ideas. I'm not sure which to pursue.

1. Opening a coffee shop.
This has been a dream of mine for over a decade. I have been designing coffee shops as long as I have been drinking the lovely drink. Not just that, but I could make it a Fair Trade coffee shop. That way, I would be making money while improving the lives of people who are usually cheated. That is incredibly important to me. No matter what I end up doing in the long run, I want to help people.

2. Going to Grad School
This could be either seminary or normal grad school. I don't really know yet. Both sounds appealing for different reasons. I'm not going at discerning if I am being called somewhere, so I'm not sure about seminary. I am a logical thinker. I try not to go with my gut all the time. Because of that I am leaning towards normal grad school; probably at OSU so I can live at home and save money/help out.

3. Doing LVC/AmeriCorp
This can help me to pay for my loans and what not. Also, I would get some real life experience. I feel like this could be a really good chance for me to grow up. In some ways I feel like I am very grown up. In others I still feel like an infant. Plus, if I did the LVC program I could finally go to Seattle. I've always wanted to go there. I would also be living in a community house with my team. It would be a very neat to experience this.

4. The Peace Corps
When I was young I swore I would never want to go into the Peace Corps. But now I find that I was wrong. I really want to travel some day. I want to see the world. This seems like a good chance to do that. And I would be helping people.


At the end of my life I don't want to look back and see that I have accomplished nothing with my life. I want to have a family. I want to help people who need it. I have more than enough to give and still be comfortable. I have a long life ahead of me, I want to do something with it. I just need figure out what to do first.

No comments: