Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tetelestai

I went and saw Tetelestai tonight. I was fantastic. I had forgotten how much I love that show. OK, that might be a tiny bit of a lie because I don't think I will ever forget how much that show means to me. It changed me a lot. It changed me for the better. Before that show I was a quiet, insecure girl who had very little idea or passion about what she believed. After the two years of the show I was more comfortable with who I was and knew what I believed. It really was a turning point in my life.

That being said, I regret that time of my life. I regret that I didn't branch out more within the cast. I regret that I only got close to a handful of people, most of whom I don't talk to anymore. I regret not realizing that those years would fly by faster than I wanted them to.

I am so thankful to have had the chance to be in those casts with the people I was with. So many of them made an impact on my life and neither of us even realized it at the time. I see now how my experiences have helped to make me who I am today.

I hope that the kids in the cast realize that they are a part of something bigger than themselves. Those people they get dressed up in funny costumes and smear body makeup on every weekend will help make them who they are when they get to be as old as me. those memories, inside jokes, host family experiences and everything else that make Tetelestai so unique will stay with them for as long as they let it.

No comments: