Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Guilty Pleasure

I've discovered a "new" guilty pleasure. I use the word new loosely, since it's one I've had for quite sometime, but haven't really put a name to it. Said indulgence is found in hokey supernatural movies. We're talking movies like The Order, and Dogma. Tonight, I really wanted to watch one that I watched last year. It's called Ba'al: The Storm God. Yes, it is as wonderfully awful as it sounds. Well, they didn't have it and I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed out. But instead I rented Dogma and a movie called Gabriel that is advertised as similar to Ba'al on some websites, so I figured it would be a safe bet. I'll know tomorrow after I watch it.

I think my favorite part about these kinds of movies (other than the obvious religious ties running through them) would be the tag lines. For example, the tag line of Gabriel is "Between Heaven and Hell lies the fate of mankind." Like, how epic is that!

Anyways, I really need to go to sleep. I have a pretty big day tomorrow. It's Family Weekend, meaning mom (and maybe dad?) are coming to visit for Senior Wine and Cheese. I'm really excited, so I need to catch some sleep. I'll update on the epicness that is Gabriel tomorrow. :)

No comments: